Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!



I love this holiday. It's my favorite. It's not just a day to eat and eat until your stomach can take no more. It's a day to thank God for what he's done. Even if you feel like you have a horrible life, there are blessings to be thankful for. There's always something that could be better, but there's also something that could be worse.

I went with a group of people to see a man who was at our church. He's now paralyzed pretty much from the neck down. He can move his arms and hands a little bit but not much at all. He kept telling us over and over that we should start praising God for the ability to walk and move. He can't even feed himself now and it's something he took for granted when he could.

There are so many things that we take for granted every single day we live. And we should be praising God for those things He allows us to do! We seem to be so gloom and doom anymore (and who could expect different with the news media??). But we all just need a good jolt back to the fact that things could always be worse.


I'm going to make an effort to be thankful for the abilities God has given me and praise Him through prayer, words, and my actions, not only today, but every single day for the rest of my life.

I propose that we start a praise chain. Let's see how many comments this blog can hold. Let's fill it up with things we're thankful for and try to think about them more. Comment with something you're thankful for as many times as you think of something new, after your initial post. Let's tell other people that we're thankful for them. Why should we not be. If nothing else, you could be thankful you have eyes to see them with.

We need to be thankful everyday. There should be no reason to only be thankful one day a year. (How depressing does that sound, anyway?)

So I will just say, I'm thankful for whoever reads this post and comments. I think commenting a lot could help my attitude be better. What do you think?

~ Emi ♥

P.S. I'll start by saying I'm thankful for my family, growing up in a Christian home, and having the use of my limbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment